Kia ora e te whanau
- Term 2 is disappearing rapidly. I remind parents of our early finish to this Term due to all Staff attending the NZ Association of Christian Schools’ Conference on Thursday 4 and Friday 5 July.
This means the last day of school for students this Term will be Wednesday 3 July.
- School buses will be affected by a PPTA Secondary Teachers Meeting on Wednesday 26 June, 2019. Christian Renewal School will remain open on this day.
TEMPORARY ALTERATION TO BUS ROUTES AND TIMES:
The following arrangements have been made to cater for passengers on school buses on this date.
The following will depart Pompallier at 12:40pm and follow their normal route:
• Whangarei Heads
• Kamo and East
• Route 1
The following will depart Pompallier at 12:40pm but have route changes:
• Ngunguru Will stop at Tikipunga High School, but will re-commence its route to Ngunguru at
• Waipu Will follow its normal route, but there will be no transfer of students to Portland, Otaika Valley Rd
or Mangakaramea. Passengers to those routes will need to make alternate arrangements to be picked up from school, the Information Centre, or Lookout Hill.
The following will depart Pompallier at their usual time of 3:40pm:
• Kara Rd
• Otaika Valley Loop / Cemetery Rd
- Thanks to all who made the School Production ‘Deliver Us’ a huge success. We are looking forward to more performing arts events in future- stay tuned to this channel!
- School reports are due at the end of Term for Primary students; and Secondary ATL reports for June will have a comment on student progress. As this end of Term is extremely busy, we will have Parent-Teacher interviews for Secondary on Thursday 25 July and Primary on Tuesday/Wednesday 30,31 July. These will be loaded for you to book online closer to the dates.
- The Excellere Ball is on this Saturday at Flames in Onerahi from 6:30- 10:30pm. Many of our Y12/13 students will be attending. The Y13 students did a great job fundraising with the sausage sizzle.
- Important information:
- If you visit the school during the school day, please park in the gravel carpark at the south end and report first to the Office- a pass will be given if it is necessary for you to be inside the school area.
- School starts at 8:50am and we expect students to be on time. We appreciate parent’s co-operation in getting their students here on time. It helps to train them for when they enter the workforce.
- Student drop off early in the morning- We do not open the doors until 8:30am; although students may be let inside the buildings after 8am, especially if the weather is poor. However, it is not the job of Staff to supervise early arrivals and parents should avoid dropping them off too early.
- Some parents in cars are still arriving far too early again at the end of the school day- this creates a queuing problem and traffic hazard. The barriers are not removed until 2:45pm. We would appreciate parents NOT arriving before 2:45pm please!
- Please remember to drive slowly once on school property! There have been a few instances of parents driving too fast around the buildings and into the carpark area. Remember to reverse in to the concrete boundaries to park.
Noho ora mai